- The Website The American Campus Website shall be defined as the set of web-based publications carrying the American Campus imprimatur. The Website, including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, videos, and the like and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to the GBBG Media LLC, the owner and publisher of American Campus. All copyright, trademark, service marks, and other intellectual property on this Website are protected by and subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States law. This site is under development and changes may be made at any time.
- Copyright The materials on this Website are protected by United States copyright law except that no copyright is claimed in any work of the US government. Users may download material from this site (one machine-readable copy and one print copy per page) for personal, noncommercial use only. Except where otherwise permitted below, any further reproduction, distribution, transmission, display, publication, or broadcast requires the prior written permission of GBBG Media LLC. To contact GBBG Media LLC, please see the Contact page.
You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright, or other notice from copies of the content.
- American Campus Accounts In order to access some features of the Website, you may have to register and/or create an account. You may not use another person’s account. When creating your account, you agree to provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on or in connection with your account, and you agree to make all reasonable efforts to keep your account password secure. You agree to notify American Campus immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- Permissions and Restrictions (a) The Website and the contents thereof are proprietary to GBBG Media LLC. The content of the Website is owned by or licensed to American Campus, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. You may access and use the Website or its content for personal, noncommercial use.
(b) You agree that you will not reproduce, distribute, or make derivative works of the Website or any of the contents thereof without the express consent of GBBG Media LLC. You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Website. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Website or the Content therein. You agree that you will not systematically retrieve data or other content from the Website by any means, and you will not compile a database or directory of information extracted from the Website.
(d) You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the American Campus servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser unless you have signed a formal license with GBBG Media LLC to perform such actions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, American Campus grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for the creation of publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not for the creation of caches or archives of such materials. American Campus reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names and e-mail addresses, from the Website, or to use the communication systems provided by the Website for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website with respect to their user submissions.
(e) In order for us to provide reliable, continuous, and timely access to this site for all readers, we require that you configure your offline browser to request no more than one page per minute. Noncompliance with this rule may result in your access to this site being blocked until you contact us and resolve the problem. If you repeatedly break this rule you will be permanently blocked from the site.
(f) GBBG Media LLC reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the American Campus content and the American Campus service.
- User Submissions (a) A user may, where allowed on the Website, submit textual content (“user comments”) and picture or video content (“user videos”). User comments and user videos are collectively referred to as “User Submissions.” By submitting any User Submission to the Website, you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such User Submission, including to any comments, photo, video, or other data or information submitted by you to the Website.
(b) You acknowledge and agree that any User Submission submitted by you to the Website may be available for viewing, rating, review, and comment by the public. You acknowledge and agree that, once submitted by you and made accessible to users, GBBG Media LLC shall have no obligation to remove, delete, or disable access to any User Submission made by you, or to return any submission to you.
(c) You retain copyright in your User Submissions. By submitting User Submissions to the Website, however, you hereby grant American Campus a worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and use in any other manner that may be hereafter developed in connection with the Website and American Campus (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels that exist now or may be developed.
(d) You agree not to submit a User Submission that contains any material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret, or otherwise subject to third-party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant American Campus all of the license rights granted herein. By posting a User Submission, you represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to do so.
(e) You agree not to submit material that is offensive, derogatory, obscene, infringing of any third party’s rights, or contrary to local, national, and international laws and regulations.
- No Endorsement American Campus does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and American Campus expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions.
- Removal of User Submissions American Campus may, at its sole discretion, remove or prevent access to, in whole or in part, any material submitted by you, for any reason or no reason, including any material it deems in violation of its standards.
- Access/Account Termination Policy GBBG Media LLC may terminate a user’s access to the Website, or account where registration is required, at its sole discretion.
- Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability You agree that your use of the Website shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, GBBG Media LLC, its officers, directors, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Website and your use thereof. GBBG Media LLC makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this Website’s content or the content of any website linked to this Website, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any:
(a) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; (b) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Website; (c) any unauthorized access to or use of American Campus’s secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein; (d) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Website; (e) any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Website by any third party; and/or (f) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, e-mailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the American Campus Website.
GBBG Media LLC does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume any responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Website or any hyperlinked website or featured in any banner or other advertising, and GBBG Media LLC will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and the third-party providers of products or services. In no event shall GBBG Media, its officers, directors, employees, or agents be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any:
(a) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; (b) personal injury or property damage of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Website; (c) any unauthorized access to or use of American Campus’s secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein; (d) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Website; (e) any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses or the like, which may be transmitted to or through our Website by any third party, and/or (f) Any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content posted, e-mailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Website, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not GBBG Media LLC is advised of the possibility of such damages.
The foregoing limitations of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
You specifically acknowledge that GBBG Media shall not be liable for user submissions or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
The Website is controlled and offered by GBBG Media LLC from its facilities in the United States of America. GBBG Media makes no representations that the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
- Disputes You agree that any dispute arising from, relating to or in any manner connected with this agreement shall be construed under and resolved in accordance with the laws of the state of New York, exclusive of its choice of law principles. Any such dispute shall be litigated only in the local or federal courts of the state of New York, to the personal jurisdiction of which you hereby consent. You agree that the remedy for any breach of this agreement involving unauthorized access or other infringement of our intellectual property rights shall be an award of damages equivalent to the statutory damages recoverable under the United States Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 501 et seq. (the “act”), regardless of whether our content is protected by the act or has been timely and/or properly registered under the act, and regardless of whether you are located in the United States. You agree that any cause of action against GBBG Media LLC arising out of or related to the Website must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.